Sunday, April 05, 2009

Writing from Gettysburg, PA. We've driven close to here several times (I guess a couple times a year-every time we go to LI), but never stopped. Since we're doing the Lincoln Highway, it only seems fitting that we stop and see the Battleground.

We walked around downtown while waiting for our table at "The Pub and Restaurant" in downtown Gettysburg. Looks like a pretty nice town-obviously very touristy. The restaurant looked pretty nice, and the food was decent, but the service was lacking.

There really wasn't any other choice, since it was about 8 pm when we got into town. When I went up to the hostess station to put our names on the list, we got the big eyeroll from the hostess when I said I preferred waiting for a table as opposed to sitting in the bar. Well, when I looked, there wasn't any place in the bar, so I got a bit put off when she argued with me.

We were given a dinky rickety table in the middle of the aisle, server was too slow in refilling our beverages, my panini was cold, and the takeaway box was way too small for the leftovers! She's lucky I wasn't paying, because her tip would have been a lot smaller! Granted, not all of that was her fault, but still.....I was a bit peeved when we left.

Can you tell I'm tired? :P

Exploring the Battleground tomorrow!

No comments: